Thursday, September 11, 2008

Now It makes more sense

Below is the original album cover for Herb Alberts Tijuana Brass - I am clearly too young to remember when it came out in 1965. I was at the tender age of minus 3. Maybe my Sissy remembers it? (She is much much older than I am.)


Apparently folks loved to mimic it - here was Soul Asylums take on the cover:


Then they did a re-whip (mix) of the original album in 2006 with this cover:



This made me think I would like to see more parodies of this. Why don't my readers send me pictures of their own version of this album cover?
Hey - I dare you (triple dog) - use any kind of food and any person (place, or thing) It just has to somehow honor the original cover. I am not asking for raunchy -
Any takers?
PS - thank you to my Sissy and Jean A. for their research and in site into solving the mystery of the album cover.

5 comments:

Arties32 said...

Ha ha I wasn't born until the last day of 1965. So there.

A.K. said...

glad its all cleared up- was definitely way before my time!

have a great weekend! TGIF!!

Anonymous said...

ok, I've recently been diagnosed with an allergy to dairy and to clams (as well as other stuff not relevant to this post). So I find these album covers hilarious and depressing at the same time.

Muffin face, you gotta cook somthing and take pictures. I miss Muffin Face quisine!

Jacquie O. said...

Oh Debra...I am so sorry about your allergies, but at least you know now why you have been feeling so bad. The lactose milk is just great...I've been drinking it forever. It's a little sweeter and it stays fresh longer (not so bad.) Now is it just clams or is it all shell fish?

Now if you just stopped eating red meat you and I would be the same! :)

Jacquie O. said...

Oh, and I do think that maybe JB could help your suffering by cooking you a dairy and seafood free meal. Of course I should be there to test the food first!