Thursday, September 25, 2008

The left over king


I came home from work the other day and Steve was putting the left over Corned Beef to great use. I was so proud of him. And OMG - it tasted so good. I asked him if I could take some pics of it and talk about it here. He opened a can of sliced potatoes and chopped up an onion. He threw the onion in a hot griddle with some butter and oil then he added the chopped up brisket and little pieces of potatoes. The brisket was so flavorful and some pieces had crispy edges. Real homemade corned beef hash is so much better than the stuff out of the cans. I know I have mentioned that my people don't eat meat out of cans but this is an exception - being corned beef and all.

He asked me if I wanted any while he was cooking it and I said no because I wasn't hungry but by the time he plated everything up I could not resist a taste. Once I had a taste I had to have more. I did leave him a little but next time he is making this and he asks me if I want any I will say "YES" no matter what!











No comments: