Monday, August 18, 2008

Ma and her long time Friends- Kind of like the Ya-Ya's.


This was a picture I took of my Ma with her friends right before I met them.

The group in front of the Monument. They still look like kids!!!

I was trying to get an Abby Road like shot here but I am a bit too far from them.

We saw this in a boutique on Libby - I wanted to ship it to my Sissy - who LOVES artichokes but the woman said it would probably melt on the way to Miami. So she gets a picture of it instead!


As promised, my Mother came to visit and see the play last weekend. She visited with her three girlfriends from High School. That's right - high school. How lucky to have friends that you have known since you were a pre-teen! Since we moved around so much I do not have any friends that I have known for that long. My mom turned 69 in July so she had known these ladies a long time. They came in Friday night but it was too late for me to see them. They all stayed at the Jefferson and Saturday early afternoon I went to meet them. These ladies were walking along Monument Ave until they got to the Arthur Ash Statue. I met them there and we all went to lunch. I enjoyed meeting these ladies.
It was half way through our lunch, as they were talking about things they did in High school and college, that it suddenly dawned on me that they knew my Grandparents pretty well. I thought about the fact that when they were young kids my grandparents where the parents that they were around. I told them how much I miss my grandmother and they said the nicest things about her. It was so nice hearing their stories and so nice of them to make the trip from Ft Wayne, IN ( I think they came from a couple places but I am pretty sure at least one of them still lives in Indiana) . Also - they all happen to be beautiful. I bet they were quite a hit at their 50th High School Reunion last year.
They all seemed to enjoy the play too. They saw it Saturday night and sat with Burgess and his clan. His Mother and BFF and Sister were all there too. Thanks to them for driving from P'Town.

Sunday the Brunks came in from P'Town. Regular Blog readers will remember them as the couple who have the big crab feast every year, with the cool yard. And last but not least I was finally re-united with the Organs!!!

Sandy, Craig, Craig Jr, and Aunt Alice all came to the show Sunday. Now I had not seen them in about 7 years. It was amazing to see them again and to get to spend time with them. We sat at the Tavern and talked and talked until they needed to start their long drive back to Cross Junction. I think I was in a happy daze for the rest of the day. I went to the grocery store to pick a bottle of wine and I went home without it. Why the cashier didn't stop me I have no idea. I can remember a whole play y'all but I can't remember to bring my groceries home. Whatev...............

6 comments:

Arties32 said...

Wow- mom and her gang do look beautiful- it's a great photo! You must have been in a daze to pay for a bottle of wine and leave it in the store. Burgess and Brittany are coming to visit us in Sept. and we can't wait :)

Arties32 said...

And I need that artie candle

JB said...

How did you get that picture to show up in the corner when you comment? I have seen other folks do that too but I can't figure that out.

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the kind words!
love and hugs,
(:ma

Brett said...

Hi JB. I hope your closing goes very well- I'm very sorry that I did not get to see it. Heard all great things. Hope I can see you soon.
Audra

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.