Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Family Fun at Liberty Valance.




One of me and Steve O's favorite places for steak is a restaurant called Liberty Valance. It has been there so long that when they built the new strip mall- (Mexico, Starbucks, Ukrop's, etc) they built everything around this restaurant. We love going because they have an excellent prime rib and the prices are incredibly low. Saturday Pop and Kitty came in to see the play with Beth and Sissy. That day Gretchen drove down with my Niece and Nephew so we could all spend time together. Unfortunatly for her - what should have been an hour and a half trip turned into three hours due to some nasty traffic. At some point during the trip she declaired to her two small children "Somebody better be dead or badly injured up there!"
I suggested this restaurant for lunch. I often wondered what Pop and Kitty would think of the place. It is not fancy and decorated kitchie with western junk everywhere. I thought they might laugh at it but then be impressed with the food itself. Well, from the moment we walked in they loved it. Since we had such a big group we were seated in our own room to the right of the restaurant that was decorated like an old west living room. Complete with fire place and old fashioned TV. (hey - there weren't any TVs in the Wild West) anyway - it was fun and so cute. I told everyone they should order some kind of steak since that is really their specialty. Since it was the only meal I was to eat that day I had the prime rib and a salad. They make their own blue cheese dressing and it is so good I have often gone there just for that. -

I wonder what the other patrons were thinking when we started taking pictures of everything.

Pop, Beth, Kitty and Sissy in the "Family room" at Liberty Valance.
Gretchen and Alli

Alli, Sissy and Harry (with braces!)
Harry enjoyed the fries.
Beth (and many others at the table) ordered the prime rib sandwich. It is so good.
My dinner - the "pilgrim" size prime rib - very tender and full or flavor.
the TV in the dinning room makes you feel like you are eating at the Smithsonian.
Fun in the stage coach area.

4 comments:

pnlkotula said...

Oh, we love Liberty Valance! When Paul and I first met, we worked at Crestar Mortgage on Semmes ave, so it was a favorite for lunch. We recently went back for the first time in years. Good comfort food.

JB said...

yes! and the place just cracks me up!

Joy W. said...

Believe it or not, I've never tried it!
And we live SO close.
I'll have to put that on my list of must go places!

Arties32 said...

the photo of harry and the french fry is the best