Thursday, July 17, 2008

Cory's Farm Stand Gazpacho



My friend Joy posted a pic of this recipe her son Cory made on Facebook and I asked if I could please share it here. I have also asked for a pic of Cory so you can see how cute he is!
Joy writes:

This is a photo of the gazpacho that Cory made for us and 2 guests last night.
It was DELISH!!
He also made the spaghetti sauce.
I've got quite a little budding chef!!

Here's the recipe that he made. I'll say now that we didn't have an onion, so we didn't put that in, but we put garlic in instead.

Farmstand Gazpacho:
About 1 whole clove, finely chopped.
2 cups peeled and diced cucumber
2 cups diced red bell pepper
2 cups diced ripe tomato
1/2 cup diced red onion
2 cups tomato juice
1/2 cup red-wine vinegar
1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
2 dashes Tabasco sauce

1. Place all of the diced veggies in a large bowl.

Add the tomato juice, vinegar, oil, and Tabasco. Season with salt and pepper and toss.

Put in refrigerator for 4 to 6 hours before serving.

(You can put 1/2 mixture in a blender or food processor to coarsely puree the contents and then mix with other remaining half. We chose not to do that.)

It was delish!!! And it was great to talk and work together in the kitchen. I'll take my bonding time wherever I can get it.
(Below is a picture Joy sent me of some beautiful flowers from her garden.)
Catch Joy at Swift Creek Mill in their hilarious production of There Goes the Bride!!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I really don't like Gazpacho. I certainly couldn’t spell it. But as a dutiful dad, I tried it. It was really good, no really. Cory has always liked throwing ingredients together then we have to try them. But at 12 now his “Experiments” are more and more tasty. The spaghetti sauce was really good too. By the way, those flowers are from our garden. Joy has planted WAY over 100 roses. Y’all come by sometime.
Eric

Unknown said...

I love Gazpacho, in fact we just had some on Wednesday, the perfect summer dish in my opinion.

I can't believe that Cory is old enough to begin experimenting while cooking, time sure does go by fast with these young ones. So he doesn't say "stuss" anymore, and he's cooking, wow.

The whole Williams clan is pretty wonderful, a truly talented bunch, who also happen to be some of the nicest people you will ever meet.

Joy W. said...

Awww, Steve Koehler, you are the nicest man ever!!!
Time does fly by!!!!
Hope to see you soon!!

JB said...

Yea Cory! They should have a Top Chef Jr. He wouls dominate!!

JB said...

or ...would dominate!

Janine Serresseque said...

I babysat Cory one evening when he was maybe 6 or 7. He wanted to spend almost the whole evening in the kitchen making a very complicated chocolate drink. I can't remember all the ingredients, but some of them were water, powdered chocolate stuff, sugar and peanut butter!

Joy W. said...

That's my boy!