Wednesday, October 15, 2008

OK Robyn, here ya go.........



This post has nothing to do with food.


My friend, Robyn, who has definitely won the first round of our weight challenge, was complaining that there hasn't been a new blog entry in a while - so this one is for her!

I recently saw Robyn as Daisy in Sideshow and she was beyond excellent. I think they have 2 weeks left so go see it already!

Muffin face is deep in preparation to host the first ever Richmond Theatre Critics Circle Awards. Sunday all my peeps (well, not all of them) will congregate at The Firehouse Theatre and yours truly will stand before them and tell them they are all winners. Or something like that. I hope to throw some lame jokes in between introducing the presenters - most of which are normally responsible for either paying me or judging me. Sounds like fun, no? I can't believe they are letting me do this - be afraid Critics, be very afraid!

The event will benefit the Theatre Artists Fund which was founded by the Richmond Alliance of Professional Theaters and provides money to local actors and other theatre professionals in need of medical care or other financial help due to situations beyond their control. Unfortunately for me, it does not cover the lipo I want on my double chin. But seriously - I am a huge supporter of the Theatre Artists Fund and am very thankful it is around. You may remember last year when I hosted The Barksdale Holiday Cabaret for a night stepping in for Erin Thomas (and in fact claiming to BE Erin Thomas) - that was also to support the Actors Fund - and to make fun of myself and some of my fellow actors. Thankfully they have all forgiven me and we have moved on. Ahh, good times.
I am sure I will have some stories to tell after Sunday about these awards - I just hope they don't involve me and humiliation.

It could only be so bad - there will be alcohol involved.

Although I was not nominated for anything, I am tickled that the Critics Circle has asked me to host. Hope it goes well!

11 comments:

pnlkotula said...

I'll be there in the form of "the other press" to cover the fun for my paper. I know you'll be great - you always make me laugh!

Anonymous said...

Wish I could be there, and good luck to all of the nominees.
Know you will be great. You are so good at this!
of course-who else, but your ma

Anonymous said...

ps GTTD!
(:ma

Arties32 said...

ha ha GTTD. she has started with me about GGAM. can you guess what that means? break a leg as the host. i wish we could be there to see it, i am sure you will be perfect.

Princess Crabass said...

Where are the latkies? I want more latkies!!!!

By the way, I'm not going to be at the awards ceremony, but I expect to see pictures of you ONSTAGE in those earrings. It's the only part of the contest I really care about. In fact, we can continue the contest for the rest of the prizes if you're up for it. I'm not ready to collect on the rest.

You weren't nominated? WTF?

JB said...

Oh Robyn - I will be wearing the earings in your honor (but did the rules state I had to wear them in my ears?) - and I will even throw out a snippy remark about you since you won't be there to defend yourself! And I am all for continuing the contest - I need to get in the game.
Thank you for your reaction to me not being nominated. As humble as I am - it hadn't even occured to me. :)

Princess Crabass said...

If you're planning to go topless you can wear them on your nipples. Nothing else is acceptable.

JB said...

You drive a hard bargain, Robyn.

Anonymous said...

you and Robyn are so funny!
(:ma

Anonymous said...

you and Robyn are so funny!
(:ma

Suzanne said...

It won't be long before you are hosting the Oscars (or maybe the Tony Awards).